Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 4: now

So today is, as Miyagi-san would say, same but different. Or maybe that was Daniel-san who said it.

Regardless, the winds at 500 mb are more westerly. The instability is still crazy, and that makes me a happy chaser.

We'll be stopping at Rudy's for BBQ in Lubbock. Paul tells me that this is among the best brisket around. Being a brisket aficionado, I don't take such pronouncements lightly.

What, did you think these chase trips are just about the storms? :P

1 comment:

  1. The brisket at Big Boys BBQ in Stillwater, TX was amazing. After I was done, I got another sandwich for the road! First brisket, and hopefully not the last! First decent-ish Alberta Foothills storm formed SE of Edson in the boonies yesterday, as soon as it hit Chip Lake, it died a slow death. A wet June (finally!!!) so far here, looking forward to July.

    ReplyDelete