Wednesday, May 18, 2011

T minus a few hours

Hobson lands in a few hours and then we'll be off to Fargo.

Today has been taken up with last-minute preparations. Thank goodness I made a list--otherwise I would most certainly forget something.

I got the rental vehicle at noon and spent about an hour trying to attach the laptop stand to it. I finally got it attached in a sturdy fashion. Clothes, cameras, electronics, check, check, check.

The SPC outlook and model solutions are favourable for us, although the actual target is still somewhat in question. It could be as far southwest as Dodge City, but it'll more likely be farther northeast near Salina. How much cloud sticks around for the bulk of the day will determine whether we get good storms or great ones--more heat leads to more instability, after all.

I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve. So excited.

1 comment:

  1. What about Topeka? Yesterday Topeka looked like a good base.

    ReplyDelete