Friday, April 23, 2010

After today

Tomorrow it seems there'll still be a pretty good setup, although not in great chase territory. However, for a couple of days after that it looks spectacularly bad. So what would I do?

Well, if I were part of a storm chasing group currently out there I would go chasing tomorrow--Tennessee? Wow. And then take my time getting back to the plains, where it looks like, aside from a crappy northwest flow setup in Texas on day 3, there'll be nothing of note until April 28 or 29.

4 comments:

  1. We busted Dave...I'm a bit upset about it. Even persistence should have paid off based on yesterday's warm front initiated tornadoes. Oh well...looks like tomorrow is going to be a crazy day. Actually I don't think there'll be a break through the overnight period down South. Look at all of those tornado watches.



    If you live in a trailer park...which I'm sure most of those people do...stay alert!

    On with the night shift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the night shift, Justin!
    Yes, we busted. Along with a whole bunch of others. Sucks. I hate busted forecasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also surprised by the lack of tornadic cells today.. especially after yesterday's 30+ reports. I was wondering if wind fields were too strong today to support discrete supercells, resulting in more linear storms and squall lines instead. Too much of a good thing perhaps? If so, at what point does good shear become too much shear (for tornadoes anyways)?

    Oh well, the day wasn't a total bust for Dave... Canucks won! Let's see what tomorrow brings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have a discussion up later today with my thoughts on this bust. But yes, Rob, the Canucks won in a rather decided fashion. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete