Thursday, April 22, 2010

Explosive Development w/ Confirmed Tornadoes




Tornadic supercells are rapidly developing ahead of the dryline East of Amarillo, Texas. I said 5pm would be the time tornadoes would occur. I was off, touchdown around 5:15pm. Not bad...lol



Anyways, monitor the radars down there. The storms are absolutely beautiful. This is a classic dryline set-up!


I am uploading GRLevel3 images to the U of M Wx Club Page every 5 minutes.


The above image is from 5:25 pm CDT East of Amarillo, Texas







The tornado in the image above is occurring right now as I type (5:38pm CDT)...amazing day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. 15 minutes, not too shabby man! This storm is still exhibiting amazing structure as I type this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your smoothing! LOL

    Seriously, though, I think I've fixed my home computer problems and now can watch this. Sweet caps, J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, it's nice to see that the surface winds to the east have backed in response to the falling heights. I love when meteorology actually works!

    ReplyDelete