Friday, May 28, 2010

Crap crap cap cap

So I woke up this morning to the sound of thunder in Winnipeg. Take a look:





What does this all mean? Timing. Storms are all about timing. This tells me that the wave that caused all the lift for these storms is nearby. Where's the next one, then?



Try and pick it out. I dare you.
The point is that there's no obvious wave emerging out of the base of the trough--and there very well may be one--and so the chase is too conditional. As well, the 700 mb temperature forecast isn't ideal:



We've discussed it amongst ourselves and decided to call off the chase for today. It very well may go, but if it does a) it'll be late and b) it'll be farther south than we can reasonably do.

As wxdog says, there'll always be more storms.

Besides--I still have a bunch of stuff to do before Justin, Dee, Shear and I go off chasing tomorrow (we're leaving at 4 AM) so this'll give me the chance to get it done.

Now off to take care of those things to the soothing background sound of thunder.

I will blog about tomorrow's chase later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment