Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 24, 2010

This day looks pretty interesting. Actually, now that I think about it, it reminds me a lot of a day back in 2005 when I caught 4 tornadoes. Good moisture, not ideal storm motion but oodles of shear.

The juxtaposition of all the ingredients (I'm out of town and way too lazy right now to post them all) points to storms near the warm front, which should be draped along the ND/SD border. This makes for an interesting decision because, as I mentioned before, Lake Oahe runs north-south from Bismarck, ND to Pierre, SD. And the instability will likely cross this lake at a 90%deg; angle.

So where would I go? I'd sit in Mobridge, SD, where I could cross the lake if need be, but likely lean to the east side, just because the storms will be moving toward the northeast.

No comments:

Post a Comment