Sunday, May 9, 2010

Monday's Tornadopocalypse and beyond!


Tomorrow is still on track...the model fields are aligning themselves better then yesterday's run.

After looking at today's 12z runs I've shifted my area a bit North to be around Lyons, Kansas. This area will be near the triple point so I can't pass up the opportunity for early initiation since the forcing is the greatest around here. Later on I'll likely drift South to be located somewhere near Wichita by the evening.

Long-tracked cyclical tornadic supercells will definitely be the order of the day once storms develop. Capping looks like it will NOT be an issue at all. I also think that the CINH will allow things to cook a bit before the storms fire. When they do...they will explode...Mt St. Helen's eruption style. One reader/fellow blogger may think I'm exaggerating but I truly believe tomorrow will be huge.

Tomorrow has a real outbreak look to it...which is scary. My prediction is for 25+ tornado reports with 2 maybe 3 long-tracked fast moving monsters with destructive tornadoes rated F3 or greater!

I had said earlier that I think they will upgrade to a Moderate Risk...well now they have. They might actually upgrade to a High Risk with a 30% hatched area of strong tornadoes. Major cities in tomorrow's High Risk Danger Zone are Wichita, Hutchinson, Emporia, all in Kansas...and even Tulsa, Oklahoma might be under the gun in the late evening.

PDS (Particularly Dangerous Situation) watches will more then likely be issued for these areas tomorrow early in the afternoon.

Oh and about Tuesday...I'm liking Lawton, Oklahoma for all facets of severe weather even though there's a cap bust risk...and Wednesday...somewhere WSW of Wichita for all types of severe along the cold front...

I WISH I WAS DOWN THERE THIS WEEK!!!!!!!

Below are graphics from Accuweather. Here's what they think will happen on Monday and Wednesday.



1 comment:

  1. I wish my chasecation started tomorrow, but instead it starts Friday! It's to bad the low wasn't orientated further south to get 850's backed Monday. The 12z GFS and Nam are showing 850's veering into OK/Kansas. But with the SPC using wording like: ...SUPERCELLS WITH STRONG TORNADOES AND VERY LARGE HAIL ARE EXPECTED MONDAY LATE AFTERNOON AND EVENING ACROSS PARTS OF OK/KS INTO SOUTHWEST MO...
    veering low level winds aren't going to be an issue...

    ReplyDelete